NEW from 1st April - URGENT SAME DAY APPOINTMENT REQUESTS
“Patients should get the right care with the right person at the right time”.
- We are introducing a new way for you to make same day appointments across all 4 surgeries to improve patient care and reduce waiting times
- You will still be able to book routine appointments like you do now via the reception team or online
- For same day requests, however, the aim is to make sure that those who most need to be seen by a Doctor or Advanced Nurse Practitioner are given priority
- When you request a same day appointment, the reception team will ask you to briefly explain the reason and you will be booked in for a telephone call-back
- When the clinician telephones back, they will discuss your health needs and decide jointly with you, the best course of action
- This might be coming to the surgery for a face to face appointment or it might be that your need can be dealt with over the telephone
The Patient Participation Group has been fully involved in this change to the way you access same day appointments, however, we will also be keen to hear your feedback to make sure we adjust and improve the new system.